GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a researcher in the Computational Biology & Biostatistics lab, you will be part of a team of 12-15 scientists & engineers at GE GRC – Niskayuna, NY within the Biosignatures & Signal Processing. This organization is focused on research in computational biology, algorithms for novel biomarker discovery, biosignatures & design of next generation molecular diagnostics tests. The Lab partners with GE Healthcare Medical Diagnostics in the area of molecular pathology & diagnostics.
You will develop biological and disease computational models of various types with focus on next generation sequencing technologies and multi-omics approaches. You will participate in developing strategies to transition results to GE Healthcare’s product line.
- Provide disease, modeling, and data analysis expertise to develop diagnostic assays.
- Determine novel modeling approaches to simulate biological and disease processes.
- Define new research areas, and guide the creation of project and grant proposals.
- Maintain up-to-date biological knowledge in several disease fields, especially oncology, cardiology and metabolic diseases.
- Develop transition strategies for technical work to the clinical environment and to GE Healthcare products
- Document results and recommendations through written reports and presentations to a variety of audiences.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Biology, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- At least 2 years of post-degree experience research experience in computational biology/bioinformatics/biostatistics – industrial R&D or academia
- Experience with Next Gen Data Analytics and building customized data analysis pipelines
- Experience in design & development of algorithms for biomarker discovery / molecular diagnostics tests
- Experience in Oncology and/or Neurology applications
- Strong background in data analysis & statistical modeling of biological data
- Strong software engineering skills in bioinformatics, experience working with –omics databases and networks
- Proven track record leading complex technical projects
- Awareness of global technology trends in the area of medical diagnostics including companion diagnostics, biomarker discovery, next gen sequencing and expression analysis
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and industry trends; simplify strategy into specific actions, make decisions, and communicate priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at senior levels.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience in design and development of diagnostics tests – going from concept to product
- Experience in data analysis of expression data – gene expression, protein expression, microRNA, etc
- Experience in DNA data analysis-variant calling and data interpretation
- Expertise and knowledge of nuances in the modeling of biological data
- Experience with government funded grant proposals.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...