NYGC is hiring for a variety of positions. If you are interested in joining our innovative organization and helping it launch and grow, we would like to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The incumbent will support our rapidly expanding informatics division. The ideal candidate will be a pragmatic team player with experience developing and supporting software for bioinformatics applications, focused on next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Bioinformatics Scientists and stakeholders to implement data processing pipelines according to requirements and specifications;
- Prototype, develop, deploy, document, and support production-quality software;
- Analyze sequencing data using the established pipelines as required;
- Support analysis and sequencing operations with scripting, data motion, and automation coding;
- Perform appropriate quality control measures and implement statistical analyses on NGS data;
- Support integration of data analysis pipelines with the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) and integration with other Enterprise software.
- BS in computer engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics or similar with demonstrable computational and software development skills is required;
- Software engineering experience, preferably supporting the life sciences in data analysis and automation is preferred;
- Familiarity operating in a cloud environment such as AWS is a big plus;
- Demonstrated ability to produce readable, documented code in Python, BASH, SQL, or R is required;
- Experience with version control and source code management systems such as GIT is required;
- Experience programming in C++ is a plus;
- Experience working in a Linux environment is required;
- Experience in large software development projects is preferred;
- Experience working in project teams is preferred;
- Familiarity with an SGE cluster environment is preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
New York Genome Center - 2 years ago