Why is one person more likely to develop a disease—like cancer, diabetes or Parkinson’s—than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers around the world to answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
Illumina develops tools for the discovery of genetic variation and the analysis of its biological significance. We have developed assays for applications including sequencing, whole genome genotyping, gene expression, methylation, and copy number variation. We are seeking an exceptional individual to contribute to technical comparative analysis of genomic data sets and related software tools.
• Analysis of sequencing and/or microarray based data
• Benchmarking of genomics related software tools
• Develop automated software tools & reports
• Assemble & deliver detailed written & verbal technical analyses
• Next Gen sequencing technology, tool usage, and data analysis
• Microarray technology, tool usage, and data analysis
• Understanding & usage of biostatistics and bioinformatics algorithms
• Critical problem solving and data analysis
• Proficiency in programming in C/C++/C#, Python, R or Perl
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Masters or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, or equivalent
• Biology knowledge strongly preferred
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning—to an exponential degree. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world ignite a passion that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 14 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...