Millennium Laboratories is the leading research-based clinical diagnostic company dedicated to improving the lives of people suffering from pain and/or addiction. We provide healthcare professionals with the medication monitoring and drug detection services, clinical tools, scientific data and education helping to personalize treatment plans to improve clinical outcomes and patient safety.
We provide customized drug testing services for healthcare professionals to help them to mitigate the abuse and misuse of prescription drugs. In addition to our urine and oral fluid drug tests, we also offer a saliva-based Pharmacogenetic Test to detect genetic variations in enzymes associated with the metabolism of medications commonly prescribed to patients suffering from debilitating chronic pain and pain related-effects.
We are a growing and continually looking for exceptional, talented people to join our family. Each one of our employees possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to improve the lives of those suffering from pain and addiction. To maintain our leadership, we need driven and creative individuals.
We welcome your inspiration, insight, expertise, and passion to bring new hope for people suffering from pain and/or addiction.
Due to our continued success, we are looking to add additional talent to our IT department and have a great opportunity for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to be responsible for working closely with the laboratory and software development team to specify, design, document implement algorithms related to management and statistical analyses of a large amount of genotyping data.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Participate in design and development of all genetics analysis algorithms and assist to analyze data
- Supervise the maintenance of genetics LAMP and WAMP software system
- Coordinate software changes with lab personnel and software programmers
- Define requirements, algorithms, design and write specifications for custom genomics software applications
- Validate all complex algorithms, document validation and develop and maintain software development life cycle documentation such as requirements, specifications, rollout procedures, daily administration procedures and release notes
- Supervise administration of daily operations related to genetics software system
- Help with troubleshooting on all issues to ensure optimal results for data analysis
- Supervise maintenance of all present LAMP and WAMP applications
- Coordinate with lab personnel, Bioinformatics Programmers, and Business Technology groups to implement software changes
- Answer questions and provide specifications to support programmers who implement, test and maintain the software for data production, management, and analysis pipeline
- Employ statistical methods in the analysis of genetic data
- Strong skills in statistics analysis and data mining are highly desired.
- Knowledge in genetics and biology.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies
- MS or BA in Bioinformatics preferred
- Multiple years of experience in managing and analyzing large amounts of nucleotide sequences, genotyping data and/or gene expression data
- Experience in designing and specifying and documenting requirements for software to automate the data management and analysis pipeline
- Experience planning software implementations and prioritizing work for software development teams