CSS-Dynamac will be supporting a NASA project that utilizes current Omics research technologies (genomics, proteomics, etc.) and promotes multi-investigator research projects that foster practical, problem-solving approaches to long-duration space operations. Tissue samples will be collected from spaceflight projects and the resulting Omics data will be used to generate a database that will be publicly available and accessible to the international scientific community. Responsibilities include;
-Work with the NASA project manager to develop and implement project plans.
-Develop databases that will store, organize and distribute omics data.
-Have the capability to develop interfaces with other existing databases that will allow for sharing of information.
-Support the collection of omics information from various sources (government, academic and private sector) and perform analyses, trade studies or assessments as needed for continuing process improvement for all aspects of the project as it moves from development into operational phases.
-Coordinate the handling of spaceflight tissues post-mission, prepare and send out for genomics/proteomics analysis (to third-party providers) and downloading this analytical data into the database.
- Masters Degree
- 5 years experience in Bioinformatics or related field.
- Background in the field of omics research technologies (genomics, proteomics, etc.).
- 5 to 10 years experience and a PhD in Bioinformatics or related field.
- Experience with scientific programming and command of languages such as Java, PERL, C/C++. R, python and SQL.
- Experience developing algorithms, web accessible databases and information systems, web technologies, data mining and visualization, modeling and simulation.
- Experience handling very large data sets including next-gen sequencing technologies such as the 454 and developing best practices for their analysis, storage, and retrieval.
- Ability to develop collaborations with other agencies and institutions that use databases for scientific data distribution.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of publication.
- Ability to support the development of project plans.