For more than 130 years, Lilly has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity.
Biologist-Immunology-Fixed Duration Employment
The Eli Lilly Biotechnology & Autoimmunity research group focuses on discovering innovative biotherapeutic medicines treating autoimmune diseases and related complications. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated scientist with extensive knowledge and experience of cellular and molecular immunology, who also shares our passion to help patients live with higher quality of life. The successful candidate will report to a Ph.D senior scientist in the group located in Lilly San Diego, CA and work in a highly team-oriented and collaborative environment. The focus of the work will be to independently design, develop and validate the cellular/immunology cell-based functional assays to test and analyze molecule activities, investigate the mechanism of action of biological drugs, and ultimately to deliver preclinical evidence for future clinical testing.
- Develop immune functional cell-based assays with extensive immunology research- related technologies (e.g. primary human and mouse lymphocyte activation and differentiation, cytokine assays, FACS etc).
- Investigate cellular signal transduction, develop cellular activity assays, cytokine/receptor signaling (western, qPCR, intracellular staining, confocal/image related techniques).
- Isolation, purification and culture of freshly isolated blood cells of humans and mice for in vitro assays.
- Preparing cellular materials for genomic and proteomic assessment.
B.S or M.S. in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area with 3 or more years of work experience in an academic institute or pharmaceutical industry.
Extensive research experience of immunology and molecular, proteomic and genomic technology.
The candidate should also understand and be familiar with in vivo animal models.
: Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of 2 years, with the option to extend an additional 2 years.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- This position will be located at Lilly AME, San Diego, CA.
Eli Lilly - 21 months ago
Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures and sells products in one business segment, pharmaceutical products. The Company...