This position is within the Lead Optimization Team of Biotechnology Discovery Research, which is responsible for generating, characterizing, and optimizing biotherapeutics from lead generation to lead optimization and preclinical development. We are seeking a motivated and experienced associate scientist with a BS or MS degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related field, who exhibits a broad analytical aptitude and can function in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team environment to perform characterization of proteins and peptides using state of the art liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS and LC-MS/MS) based techniques.
• Utilizing liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques to analyze proteins and peptides to support drug discovery programs.
• Performing intact mass and peptide mapping analyses of proteins and peptides, and chemical stability samples using accurate mass LC-MS and LC-MS/MS methods including sample preparation, data acquisition and data processing with commercial and in-house developed software.
• Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometers and auxiliary instruments.
• Designing and performing experiments, reviewing and analyzing data, and independently interpreting experimental results for qualitative and/or quantitative analyses of degradation and Post Translational Modifications (PTMs) of proteins and peptide samples.
• Presenting experimental results at group/project team meetings
: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- BS or MS degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological sciences or related disciplines.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience for BS candidates, or 2 plus years of relevant experience for MS candidates, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in protein and/or peptide mixture analyses with reverse phase HPLC-MS methods.
- Knowledge of protein chemistry including posttranslational modifications and degradation pathways.
- Understanding of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry methods in protein characterization and hands-on experience in intact mass analysis and peptide mapping of proteins by accurate mass LC-MS techniques,
- Hands-on experience in protein primary structure and PTM characterization, and quantification by LC-MS and LC-MS/MS techniques
• Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal form to deliver clear and concise presentations; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Hands-on LC-MS operation experience with e.g Waters Q-TOF and Thermo LTQ-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS systems.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience, e.g. 2-5 years of employment in an analytical R&D environment
• Experience using and developing various liquid chromatography methods such as ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity separation
• Knowledge of database search mechanisms for protein identification.
• Experience with N-terminal sequencing (automated Edman degradation), protein digestion, and gel electrophoresis
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eli Lilly - 2 years ago
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...