Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or other biology-related discipline (e.g., ecology, wildlife management, fishery, etc.).
• A minimum of four years of relevant work experience with practical application of the principles of conservation biology, landscape level habitat resource modeling, habitat assessment, and biological resource inventory protocols.
• Master's degree in biology or other biology-related discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience.
• PhD degree in biology or other biology-related discipline can substitute for up to three years of work experience.
• Prior experience with the Endangered Species Act, including preparation of Biological Assessments and Section 7 consultation support, NEPA analysis and document preparation, National Forest Management Act compliance, including preparation of Specialist Reports and Biological Evaluations.
• Experience with biological resources field survey techniques and data collection including Global Positioning applications.
• Good writing skills for technical reports and impact analysis.
• Understanding and experience with collecting baseline data to support an existing conditions report or an impact assessment.
• Ability to work remotely in the field leading survey crews and collecting high quality data based on specific parameters set by the resource specific methodology.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented terrestrial biologist for immediate employment in the Boise office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Biology, specific to the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Great Basin Regions. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Adjust and correlate data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
• Perform work that involves conventional aspects of scientific disciplines but may be expected to develop sound, innovative and cost-effective solutions to ill-defined problems.
• Performs work that involves plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements.
• Under direction of a Senior Scientist, manages small tasks or portions of larger project.
• Begin to interact more with clients to expand work assignments or market new work.
• Ability to fully plan and execute personal assignments with limited instructions.
• Proactive in recognizing and appropriately addressing health and safety issues for entire team.
• Ability to interact independently with client and regulatory personnel on routine tasks.
• Experienced in the correct application of commonly accepted field data collection methodologies.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...