Required application materials: Official or unofficial transcripts, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and cover letter. You can upload these materials to your applicant profile at any time.
The Biology Instructor faculty member is responsible for the coordination, planning, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The faculty member is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on any Laramie County Community College campus or outreach center as assigned. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction; instructional counseling; academic advising; serving on various committees; and participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations. A faculty member performs all other duties as directed by the Division Dean, Vice President of Instruction, or the President or designee.
Salary and Benefits : For full listing of benefits and faculty salary schedule, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Priority Screening Date : Position is open u ntil filled. Screening to begin April 1st, 2013.
Starting Date: August 19, 2013.
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Participate in ongoing, systematic, and documented assessment of student learning for all courses, programs, and the College’s general education core abilities
- Become familiar with and comply with all College policies and procedures
- Participate in College, division, and program activities
- Contribute to the growth and enhancement of the College’s mission and programs
- Master's Degree in Biology or related field
- One year of research experience
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- Master's Degree in Biology with a emphasis in animal and wildlife
- Three years of college level teaching experience
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.