The Biology Lab Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and operating the freshman level biology labs and supervising lab sections as scheduled. The Coordinator is also responsible for the upkeep of the labs, including ordering supplies and maintaining equipment.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with approximately 6,200 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Assist in teaching introductory labs.
2. Assist faculty with lab preparation for all labs.
3. Maintain inventory of lab supplies.
4. Oversee maintenance of lab equipment.
5. Train/supervise undergraduate lab assistants.
6. Supervise junior and senior level biology labs as needed.
7. Substitute for department secretary when needed.
8. Order supplies.
9. Upkeep of laboratory equipment.
10.Performs other duties as assigned.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Broad knowledge of general biology laboratory techniques.
2. Use of personal computer.
3. Use of Microsoft Office (word processing & spreadsheet).
4. Understanding biological principles and lab techniques.
5. Organizational skills that enable the management of lab equipment.
A B.S. Degree in Biology is required. A Master’s degree in Biology preferred. Also, previous lab management experience is preferred.
Special Instructions for Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
- A minimum of three professional references must ALSO be provided.