Req Number: 312761
- Associate's Degree
- The Biomedical Equipment Technician I performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs and performance inspections on clinical diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment to insure proper functionality and safety. The i ncumbent will be required to read and understand electronic and mechanical schematics/drawings, and understand and follow flow diagrams in isolating equipment failures or configuration processes. The incumbent will be required to interact with clinical staff, patients, and other support personnel and adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
Minimum Requirements/Work Experience/Education:
- Performs scheduled tests, inspections, and preventive maintenance.
- Performs corrective repairs and incoming inspections.
- Completes all necessary documentation and entry into computer.
- Maintains shop and test equipment in a neat, safe, and organized manner.
Must have extensive knowledge of medical instrumentation, electronic and electro-mechanical troubleshooting, knowledge of various clinical and healthcare technology standards, and local to national regulatory standards.
- 5 years of experience in a hospital environment with major emphasis on repair of clinical and diagnostic related equipment is required. Experience may be waived upon review of college transcripts and specific work study programs by the Biomedical Engineering manager.
- An Associate of Science degree in Electronic Engineering or Certificate in Biomedical Engineering Technology is highly desirable.
- A certificate of manufacturer training on clinical equipment is preferred.
- This job requires the use of a car, a valid California Driver License, good driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Incumbent will also be required to work on specialized schedules and rotating on-call as required by the department.
MemorialCare - 15 months ago