Biomedical Technician - Clinical Engineering Services
Full-time, 40 Hours/Week
8:00am - 4:30pm, Mon-Fri
Competitive Salary + DOE
Voted one of the top hospitals in Seattle, WA Virginia Mason Medical Center offers healthcare professionals exciting opportunities to expand their careers in a team-oriented environment. Our multidisciplinary approach known as “Team Medicine” gives every individual the chance to contribute to the well-being of our patients and the continuing success of our medical center.
This position provides technical support to equipment users throughout Virginia Mason Medical Center, including the repair, preventive maintenance, calibration, installation, and inspection of medical devices.
1. Perform unscheduled maintenance/repair on equipment.
2. Perform scheduled (preventative) maintenance according to the service manual for each medical device and maintain the HDMS data to ensure information accuracy.
3. Order parts for customers and communicate with customers with regard to their delivery.
4. Provide technical support and equipment evaluations.
5. Perform incoming inspections per department procedures and industry standards.
6. Attend training seminars, schools, and inservices, and conduct inservices for nursing staff.
7. Coordinate outside service with manufacturers.
This job requires an Associates degree in electronics, biomedical equipment technology, or a related field; or equivalent. Basic understanding of medical device operations and human anatomy/physiology required. Three years experience as an in-house or field service technician required. Skill in troubleshooting electronic circuits and systems to the component level; good manual dexterity and soldering skills; skill in using electronic test equipment and tools in a safe manner; skill in using, and troubleshooting, a PC. Excellent customer service, and communication, skills required. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, and have a valid Washington State Driver's License with a five-year clean driving record, for auto liability coverage through Virginia Mason Medical Center.
Come join the quality health care leader in Seattle. Be a part of the Virginia Mason team where we offer you a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including relocation assistance, all in a wonderful place to live. Seattle is a vibrant and sophisticated city that offers first-rate restaurants, shopping, theatre and an abundance of outdoor activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Virginia Mason - 2 years ago
With numerous awards and distinctions, including recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason Medical...