Sarnova, Inc. is a leading specialty provider of healthcare products across the emergency medical services and acute care continuum. It is comprised of three major business units: Bound Tree Medical, Tri-anim Health Services, Inc. and Emergency Medical Products, Inc. (EMP).Together, Sarnova offers more than 100,000 healthcare products to thousands of emergency care providers, hospitals and advanced patient-care facilities nationwide.|
Under moderate supervision the technician willtroubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment,instrumentation, and support systems of moderate complexity used in healthcaredelivery. Inspect, install, and perform inventory assessments and preventivemaintenance of medical equipment. Assist medical and nursing staff in the useof equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, andinspect medical equipment and instrumentation, including
· Perform preventive maintenance and electricalsafety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and
· Diagnose and correct system and equipmentmalfunctions
· Maintain documentation on new equipment,inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
· Assist with and evaluate third-party repairs
· Provide technical assistance and instruction topersonnel regarding equipment operation
· Review outcome of preventive maintenance actionsand make recommendations to department
staff concerning improvements
· May assist senior biomedical engineeringtechnicians or supervisor with in-service educational
programs on use of equipment.
· Offer service and preventive maintenancecontracts
· Onsite service and preventive maintenance calls
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Associates degree in electronics or biomedical equipmenttechnology is highly desirable, as well as a minimum of two years experiencein the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An equivalent combinationof education and experience may be substituted. CBET or additional technicalcertification is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of technical aspects of electronicequipment and its operation, repair, and
· Knowledge of the application and repair ofcomputers and servers and how they interface with
· Knowledge of current regulatory requirements
· Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology asapplied to use of biomedical equipment
· Knowledge of color code conventions used incomponent and wiring marking
· Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronicand electromechanical equipment
· Ability to perform preventive maintenanceinspections
· Ability to run diagnostic programs
· Ability to interpret schematics, wiringdiagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical
· Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs,calibration, and tests.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment; topush/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand,
bend, and reach during equipment repair.
· Skill in testing electronic equipment
· Skill in manual dexterity, hand-to-eyecoordination, and color vision.
Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock,chemicals and chemical fumes, high-pressure air, infectious disease, andvarious other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work. Protectiveclothing and safe work practices are required.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago