The bioprocessing engineer will provide technical leadership, creativity, and process expertise towards the development, scale-up, and commercialization of all current and new biotechnology products/processes. They will be part of a large team of biologists, chemical engineers, and chemists tasked with developing and/or improving all current and future DSM Nutritional Lipids biotechnology based products/processes. They will also contribute to preparing or reviewing development reports and participate in the transfer of new technology to other R&D departments.
- Identify and optimize the physical and chemical variables required for maximum cell growth and highest product production rates.
- Develop and refine new processing conditions for the production of current/new products and/or strains.
- Invent/develop novel process concepts for new product development, and evaluate concepts based upon product production rates, process efficiency.
- Develop/define new product/process intellectual property opportunities. Technical support of small-scale bioprocessing laboratories.
- Design and analysis of experiments; from lab through production scale data.
- Peer review results of bioprocessing experiments against objectives/targets.
- Develop all necessary documentation to support new and/or improved process scale-up to the pilot plant and/or manufacturing facilities.
- Provide in-house development and/or technical support to manufacturing.
- Evaluate potential new product/process proposals and provide recommendations as to the scope and necessary timing required for specific production targets.
- Participate in the improvement of lab infrastructure and capabilities; fermentor design, automation, databases, data/kinetic analysis and bio-sensors/instrumentation.
- Provide technical bioprocessing leadership within the fermentation team for the development of new products/processes.
- Keep track of industrial or academic technological developments and explore opportunities to incorporate them in the existing process development.
- Evaluate new technology targeted to improving lab efficiency and capabilities. Provide technical fermentation leadership and/or support to research, development, and manufacturing.
- Provide general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Give suggestions for improving efficiency or correction problems that may be encountered.Actively participate in biotechnology team meetings, developing and implementing work plans as necessary to meet project milestones.
- BS required and 10+ years experience, or
- MS required and 6+ years experience, or
- PhD required and
The Procedure and Contact
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply on line by sending us your CV in English prior to date. You may add a motivational letter if desired. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...