Ocean Ridge Biosciences (ORB) seeks to engage a Web Management Consultant on a part-time/contractual basis with skills in web development, web content management, writing and editing for the web, digital marketing and site management to help update the company’s website content and manage its web presence. Through this contract the individual will work towards upgrading ORB’s most important digital marketing tool, its website, with up-to-date service offerings. Ideally, the individual will possess excellent web developer skills and have a basic understanding of biological concepts. Working very closely with the sales and marketing team, the person will work towards enhancing ORB’s web exposure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the management team in updating, maintaining, expanding content on the ORB website and creating webpages.
- Assists the sales and marketing team in updating, and efficiently maintaining the company’s Google Adwords account.
- Collaborates with bioinformatics specialists, sales and marketing team to create Web documents.
- After content has been established, the candidate creates and revises HTML pages; prepares digital images, researches graphic material and other site documents; and updates website under deadline or in a timely manner.
- Compiles analytics reports to statistically assess the performance of digital marketing efforts made to increase target audience traffic towards ORB website, using Google Analytics other similar products, researches competitor websites and evaluates quality of ORB website by comparison.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Google Adwords and Google Analytics. Experience in graphics editing program like Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Broad knowledge of HTML,CSS, snd XML.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience using Web analytics platforms and statistical analysis tools like Google Analytics to provide trustable information for organizational decision making.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of molecular biology, especially in the area of genomics.
- Ability to work independently; detail oriented; and meet deadlines.
ORB is a contract research laboratory that provides reliable, efficient, and innovative RNA Profiling and Biomarker Discovery services to academic and commercial investigators engaged in Drug Discovery & Development. ORB’s RNA Profiling services utilize genome-scale technologies such as sequencing and microarrays, and are enriched by the company’s superior capabilities in bioinformatics. ORB is an industry leader in microarray-based profiling of microRNA. In the field of Biomarker Discovery, ORB provides a unique service for discovery of circulating RNA biomarkers, as well as a flexible platform for multiplex protein profiling.