Position Summary: Highly consultative professional will sell the company’s products and services in the pharmaceutical research market to new and current customers in an assigned geographic region through direct, face-to-face contact. This is a powerful opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales pro to develop the market for this novel technology and be rewarded accordingly in this commission based position. Various territories open: Boston, NY/NJ/PA, San Francisco.
The company is an innovative, privately funded, growth-stage biotechnology tools provider that has developed advanced translational research technologies to improve the drug development process. Secondary markets may include academic researchers as they generate human-relevant discoveries. The Company is looking for a high-energy, dynamic Sales Specialist with the experience and the skills to aggressively grow the company’s business in this competitive market.
- Sells services, products, and programs to customers to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives;
- Performs sales presentations to match company’s products with identified needs;
- Remains knowledgeable of company’s products to facilitate sales efforts;
- Prospecting and networking to acquire new accounts;
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning;
- Maintains sales records and prospect database as required;
- Attends scientific trade shows and meetings;
- Provides follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products and/or services provided.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth
- 3 years of quantifiable sales success in the pharma research market
- Detailed knowledge of the drug discovery/development process and existing selling relationships at the major accounts.
- Ability and mindset to work in a commission-only environment with sophisticated customers and high-end programs. Must be a hunter looking for high-end compensation based on performance.
- Trained in a known, modern sales process and able to describe prior experiences applying it to grow revenue.
- Ability to learn and retain scientific product information.
- Exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology of cardiovascular and nervous systems a plus.
- General knowledge of business software applications, including contact management software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences and three plus years sales experience with products or services for pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Academic research sales experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Geographically based in one of three targeted territories: Boston, NY/NJ/PA, or San Francisco.
- Selling experience at large CRO’s, or life science tools providers will be viewed very favorably. Experience at a capital goods company, such as business machines or technology, prior to life science experience is welcomed.
- Experience selling pharmaceutical products to physicians is insufficient for this role.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard