Provide our customers with exceptional customer service and with a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer’s return visit. Responsible for working to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department and to monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Prepare food for customer consumption; package product; build and maintain eye-catching attractive displays: assist customers with purchases and questions. Embrace the Customer 1st Strategy by delivering and encouraging other associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Responsible for being professional, displaying a positive attitude, and speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers.
- Ensure all customer inquiries are resolved promptly and effectively in a positive and professional manner.
- Knowledge of products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Prepare food to Company standards (recipes), mix, dress, season, and garnish salads.
- Prepare, season and cook meat, vegetables, fruits and other food stuff.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Ability to use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
- Monitor expense control.
- Maintain records of inventory, quality assurance, invoices, etc. according to company policy.
- Adhere to all Food Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Work to prevent and report robbery, theft or fraud.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify or correcting unsafe conditions.
- Promptly report all customer or employee accidents to management.
- Comply with the provisions and agreements set forth in company policies and the union contract(s).
- Adhere to all company, local, state, and federal laws and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with team members to promote teamwork and align the goals of the organization.
- Promote trust and respect among the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have basic cooking knowledge and terminologies
- Knowledge of basic math calculations
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
- Knowledge of HACCP logs
- Be aware of shrink
- Become Food Certified once employed
- Culinary training or equivalent job experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Food service
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Department Manager
Submit your interest through Careerbuilder. Application and resume must be received by Monday, March 4, 2012 by 4:00 p.m.
Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. All candi
Please Post on Bulletin Board
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion"
Kroger - 20 months ago
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...