Bistro Servers are expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Bistro servers should be knowledgeable and familiar with all menu items, food preparations, ingredients and be able to make recommendations to guests as well as offer menu suggestions and up sell where possible to maximize sales. Bistro employees must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, restaurant staff and culinary production team. Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station. Takes initial food and/or beverage order within 5 minutes of guest being seated.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared food to the appropriate guest within three minutes of completed production of order.
- Returns to table within three minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Assists bus help, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and bus stations as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience
- Previous food server experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant preferred
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
- Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
- Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops
Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing. Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights. Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard