BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Aladdin Portfolio Services (APS) one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including core Aladdin pre- and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; mutual fund monitoring and reporting; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
The Portfolio Compliance Group in Delaware is primarily responsible for extracting, analyzing, coding and monitoring client, regulatory and internal investment guidelines on the firm’s Aladdin system for US-based clients and funds. The group is engaged with and provides services to many other departments across the firm, in particular: Portfolio On-Boarding, Portfolio Management, Trading, Global Client Group, Operations and Legal & Compliance.
The specific role, based in Delaware will be primarily focused on Core activities for the East Coast business.
- Pre-trade violation investigation & investment restriction overrides
- Post-trade violation investigation & resolution
- Account coding and coding reviews
- New account on-boarding activities
- Manual test execution
- Oversight of outsourced testing
- Identification of coding issues
- Documentation of procedures
- Process /system enhancements
- Maintenance of Legal & Compliance Restricted Lists
- Client certifications / attestations
- Projects as required
Knowledge / Experience:
- Exposure to multiple business groups and investment products across Blackrock globally
- Daily interaction across with business groups including Portfolio Management, Trading and Legal and Compliance
- Opportunity to be a service champion for one of the core PCG internal clients
- Exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions
- Opportunity to be part of and develop within a truly global international group and firm
- Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for projects
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience of working in the investment management industry and of investment products prefered
- Strong IT Skills
- College Graduates with a background in finance or similar fields
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
- Strong team player
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active approach to issue resolution
- Ability to recognize individual and team objectives and goals
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
Tech & Ops-Bus Ops-APS
Jul 31, 2014, 8:26:31 AM
BlackRock - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's...