Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Blaster – Homer, GAAbout OricaOrica is a great place to work. We have strong values and do not rest on past successes. We always strive to do better. We value our people and have a proud tradition of leadership, innovation, quality and safety. Orica is a truly global company with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people that originate from more than 130 nationalities.Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems, delivering innovative solutions to the open cut and underground mining, quarry, civil construction, tunnelling and oil and gas markets.The role Orica’s is seeking a Blaster for its Homer, GA location.The Blaster will be part of a blasting crew at various shot service accounts, assist the site by delivering product, maintaining distribution equipment, and promoting the organization through contact with the customer in a safe and efficient manner.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year verifiable, active blasting experience and Blasters license.The Blaster will be responsible for:
- Controlling the blasting process to meet customer expectations in rock production.
- Knowledge of blasting in quarry and construction markets.
- Quarterly review of inventory tracking and waste materials.
- Operate trucks and placement for unloading at magazine sites.
- Ensure each magazine is clean before locking.
- Blast-hole loading design and drill log maintenance.
- Safe blast loading initiation and maintain blast area security.
- Legal storage and transportation of explosives.
- Proper blast/variance reporting.
- Responsible for all persons working under their direction, including non-Orica personnel and equipment in the blast area.
Experience & Qualifications Required
What We Offer To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed blast certification in Georgia is required and licenses in Alabama, Tennessee and Florida is a plus.
- Ability to pass criminal background, drug and fit for duty physical tests.
- 6 months to 1 year of verifiable, active blasting experience required.
- Computer skills – complete all electronic Blast Reports
- Magazine keeping – inventory management
- Blast design and control
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritize various ongoing daily tasks and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
How to ApplyTo apply, click on the link below to apply on line and email Dani Willis at Dani.firstname.lastname@example.org://orica.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1872To view more Orica vacancies, we invite you to visit the Orica careers page.EEO Commitment Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!