The Blood Bank Technical Support Specialist is the initial contact for all SoftBank or SoftDonor client tasks received verbally or via faxes. This position is responsible for properly documenting the task and performing simple troubleshooting using provided tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for system critical or non-complex application issues related to areas designated under Blood Bank or Donor
- Receives, logs and properly documents new tasks
- Performs simple troubleshooting of System problems, Hardware issues or non-complex application issues using provided tools
- Immediately alerts appropriate SCC staff of client system critical conditions
- Redirects tasks to other technical departments upon completing preliminary investigation
- Escalates tasks to appropriate Senior or Technical Support Specialist per Departmental and Support guidelines
- Identifies commonly reoccurring problems relating to hardware and systems and reports these to the Team Manager or designee
- Performs other duties as assigned
Any certification or degree in any healthcare (Biology, Certified Nursing Assistant, Paramedic, and Phlebotomy) or Information Technology related field is highly desirable but not required. Must have at least an Associate's Degree.
1-2 years working in a Hospital involved in specimen processing, phlebotomy or lab assistant for the areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Immunohemotology or Microbiology. Previous experience in a service related field, clinical laboratory, or related computer position desired.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- Ability to multi-task
SCC Soft Computer offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, flexible spending plans, 401(k), vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a subsidized lunch program and much more!
SCC Soft Computer has been a leading laboratory information systems (LIS) vendor since 1979. Over the years, the Company has earned an...