Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC
Pegasus Aviation Services is a leading provider of maintenance, passenger, ramp, and cargo services to the global aviation industry. Founded in 2000, Pegasus is headquartered at the crossroads of the world - Anchorage, AK. Anchorage is strategically located between Asia and the rest of the United States, making Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) one of the most important international cargo hubs in the world. Pegasus currently provides aviation services for more than 80 percent of the international cargo traffic that goes through Anchorage, the gateway for goods moving by air between the U.S. and Asia. Aircraft Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing high quality routine and non-routine maintenance for various types of aircraft. AMT’s should be licensed and certified with preference given for B-737, B-757, B-747-400 and MD-11 aircraft experience.
The AMT position is a technical services position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
Essential Duties of AMT’s
• Various line maintenance related services of Transport Category aircraft.
• Inspect and perform or supervise transit aircraft activity, non-routine and routine line maintenance activities
• Inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft airframes and engines
• Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks
• Accomplish aircraft system testing and troubleshooting procedures
• Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
• Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner
• Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics
• Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft
• Present a clean and neat work area to our customers
• Support all company policies and safety programs to include AS9100, OSHA and EPA guidelines
• Performing tasks in a fast paced environment
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Candidate must be reliable and dependable
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager
• Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered for this position you must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Powerplant rating.
• Must possess Boeing 777 In-Flight Entertainment System Repair Experience.
• Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels.
• Must be able to work independently, or as part of a team, with little or no supervision.
• Must be willing to work long hours in inclement weather as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
This Position Requires:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Must be willing to work in inclement weather
• Good communication skills
• Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
• High School graduate or GED
• Possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Powerplant rating
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
• Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints
• Self-motivated, team player
• Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
• Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
Background position skill ranking areas:
1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization 4. Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
2. Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands: moderate. Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 30-50 lb components unassisted, have 20/20 corrected vision, good hearing, and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required and provided.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt or hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.
Maintenance & Repair
Pegasus Aircraft Maintenance, LLC
NANA Development Corporation - 18 months ago