Operate or tend stationary engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors to supply and maintain steam or heat for buildings or pneumatic tools.
Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
Fire boilers using automatic gas feeds or oil pumps.
Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely
Perform other duties as assigned by department manager.
This is a position essential to the facility operation
- Seeking a Journeyman level industrial boiler operator, with at least four(4) years relevant experience in maintaining and operating fuel-fired boilers and associated systems & equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pumps, compressors, plumbing systems, fuel delivery systems, motor driven devices and industrial equipment.
- Must have extensive experience in the use of industrial power tools and equipment and be thoroughly familiar with industrial safety practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and must be able to utilize schematics, blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Able to lift 75 lbs and work in sever conditions for extended periods of time.
- US Citizenship and ability to pass a g
overnment security clearance.
- Ability to work a schedule that is subject to rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to undergo required physical examination and vaccinations.
ASRC Federal and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers
- Ability to become active member of the PIADC Fire Brigade
- Fire rescue experience a plus.
Collective Bargining Agreement
Orient Point, NY, United States
ASRC Federal Holding Company - 7 months ago