Job Description:EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:|
relevant gas boiler operation experience; or
- High school degree, with a minimum of 3 years of
equivalent combination of advanced education and
experience. Experience in an aseptic/pharmaceutical
packaging environment preferred.
a team player
- High integrity and self-motivated individual who is
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Achieve safe operations of the
facility while maintaining continuous (24/7) operations
of the gas High pressure steam boilers, water systems
and clean steam generators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
make sure the boiler feed water chemistry is correct.
- Perform monthly boiler room facility inspections and
at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Read meters and gauges or automatic recording devices
operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water
- Record data such as temperature of equipment, hours of
levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and
to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed
- Adjust manual controls or overrides automatic controls
operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems,
or to shut down equipment.
detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or
- Visually inspect equipment at periodic intervals to
bearings, replacing packing glands, sight glass,
- Maintain equipment by tightening fittings, repacking
gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or
replacing burners or other components.
shift in operator's logbook.
- Oil and lubricate equipment.
- Record operation and maintenance actions taken during
equipment such as the water systems, steam generators,
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on plant
air compressors, chillers and pumps, which requires
medium to heavy lifting.
Minor Maintenance includes, but is not limited to:
o Change gauges (temperature, pressure, etc.) within the
o Remove and replace electric motors and belts
o Remove and replace filters, oils and other lubricating
fluids on all plant equipment
o Remove and replace gaskets
o Remove and replace valves within the plant
o Install pipe plugs as needed
out trash, mop, and wax floors)
- Clean boiler room, and plant yard (pick up trash, take
- Clean out level sight glasses on all boilers
- Change out control valves as needed
- Secure all types off tubing and piping as needed
- Paint equipment as needed
- Change out light bulbs and must be able to climb
- Replace fuses
- Assist Facility supervisor as needed.
As a leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), DPT is recognized for its excellence in non-sterile and...