Org Marketing Statement
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.3 billion of real estate assets under management.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 Best Big Companies” list for three consecutive years
• One of the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” in the United States named by CRO magazine
• A “best company to work for’ in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
General Description: Electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building. Plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building. Installs, repairs, and maintains mechanical/electrical operating equipment and machinery. Regularly conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. Monitors the operation of all mechanical & electrical operating equipment.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and monitor the operation and make adjustments of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages to the Operations Manager or Lead Engineer of any equipment problems.
Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors; run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls
Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs. Keeps logs, documents equipment repairs, closes work orders, tracks time accurately in reports and provides timely and constant communication with the Operations Manager and Lead Engineer.
Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe work space.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education - High school diploma or state equivalent required, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
• Experience - Minimum four years experience in electrician trade or related field or minimum four years experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field or minimum four years experience in emergency backup systems ( generators, UPS, etc.).
• Special knowledge and skills - Skilled in use of tools and machinery required by the position. Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
• Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and has excellent customer service skills.
• Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
• For internal candidates, must consistently receive a “meets expectations” job performance review.
• Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
• Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs repeatedly.
• Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
• Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...