Sanimax is a leader in the development of environmentally friendly solutions designed to meet the needs of the agro-food industry. Governed by our values, our company transforms the by-products of agro-food industries into useful materials for a variety of other industries. For 125 years, we have been working to meet the needs of our customers in a reliable and professional manner by providing essential and environmentally friendly solutions. We’re looking for a Boiler Operator to join our team in South St. Pauls.
At Sanimax, we take care of our own like they’re family, and as a key member of our operations department, you will enjoy:
• Full benefits package offered 1st of the month after 30 days! Which includes a healthy benefit package including: 401K Match, medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability
• Fresh uniforms and onsite laundry
• Reimbursement programs for Tuition and gym memberships
• Referral programs that can net you cash rewards for referring your friends and family
• Opportunities for advancement across departments in a strong promote-from-within environment
• Strong, supportive family culture.
The Boiler Operator runs and maintains all boilers and associated steam/condensate system equipment in our processing facilities - burning natural gas, fuel oil, and alternate fuels. This role helps create and maintain a safe working environment for our employees, while ensuring production of cost-effective, high quality products. Specific duties include:
• Operate and monitor the Johnston boiler and high pressure Nebraska boiler associated with the rendering plant, to include start-up, normal operation, and shut down.
• Conduct all necessary boiler monitoring, testing and inventory management on an ongoing basis, and notify Supervisor of any necessary boiler tune-ups.
• Monitor efficiencies, troubleshoot issues, and perform or assist with maintenance and repairs of boiler-related steam and condensate systems.
• Clean and maintain all associated equipment, and perform regular safety checks.
• Coordinate and assist in bi-annual boiler inspections.
• Monitor all scrubber systems to ensure they are operating in within acceptable parameters.
• Other duties as required.
Hours: 3rd shift (12am to 8:30am).
The right person for this role is a values-driven, team-oriented individual with high work standards. We’re also seeking skills and experience including:
• At least a 1st class B boilers license (mandatory).
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Able to operate a forklift and bobcat.
• Good communication and problem solving skills.
• Able to work well independently, and know when to seek assistance.
• Able to understand and interact with fully automated control systems, and operate in manual mode if necessary.
• Able to fully understand steam processing and the complete rendering process, and how each activity affects boiler operation.
• Able to work in a noisy environment with temperature extremes and odors from raw product.
Interested in joining the team? We knew you would be!
Apply with your resume and contact information to be instantly put into consideration for this role. Be sure to include the subject line “Boiler Operator”
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: 1-888-497-8615
Sanimax gets the maximum out of dead animals and oil traps. The company reclaims materials, such as animal by-products and used cooking...