CAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector.
We are currently in search of a Bookkeeper for a Social Service in Chicago, IL . This is a part-time, temporary assignment . If you or a friend may be interested in pursuing this opportunity please submit a resume to kschultze cnpstaffing.com with “Bookkeeper: Chicago” in the subject line.
For more information about us and our other available opportunities, please visit our web site at www.careersinnonprofits.com. While you’re there, “Register as a Candidate” today. You can also get all of our job announcements and job search tips by liking us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CareersInNonprofits) or following us on Linkedin (www.linkedin.com/company/careers-in-nonprofits).
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Bookkeeper
SALARY: $16 to $18 per hour, commensurate with experience
DURATION: One month
POSITION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a bookkeeper with at least five years accounting/bookkeeping experience, including payroll and payroll tax filing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Works closely with the Board Treasurer
- Record approved vendor invoices on a timely basis
- Prepare checks for disbursement for vendor invoices or other
- Financial reporting and analysis including: weekly cash flow, monthly financial statements, audit support, annual report information, payroll disbursements, monthly cost allocations and working with the Executive Director regarding the annual budget
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the agency credit card account and collect all receipts for charges
- Ensure expense reports are properly approved
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts within 5 days of receiving bank statements
- Record fixed asset purchase over the threshold determined by the Board
- Other duties as assigned
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with payroll required
- 4 to 5 years of bookkeeping experience required.
- Knowledge of Quick Books and Microsoft Excel is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with some Human Resource administrative functions related to benefit processing and document retention is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently