Bookkeeper (Part time)
FixYa is a community of 30 million members and visitors who share, learn and connect over tech and consumer support tips. From fixing cars, to cameras, to iPhones, the FixYa community of hobbyists, tinkerers and gadget-savvy stay-at-home moms share real world experience and practical advice. FixYa is part of the DIY revolution, transforming how we help ourselves, as well as each other.
Bottom of Form
Fixya is looking for a strong results-driven Bookkeeper to scale our high-growth operation. The Bookkeeper is responsible for managing and scaling the day-to-day operations of our global accounting operations. This person will be responsible for establishing/maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, reporting systems, and payroll
The position reports to the CEO. Communication and attention to detail are critical; the Bookkeeper is highly visible across our entire group.
Main responsibilities include:
* AR processing. Insure timely invoicing of all revenue and proper accounting treatment as per the company policy on revenue recognition. Assist management team with month end closing.
* AP processing. Insure accurate and timely payment of all suppliers. Monitor and maintain all ledgers for customer activities and insure timely collection
* General Ledger. Maintain the cash records for the company, reconcile all cash accounts with bank provided information, including credit card transactions.
* Payroll - Work collaboratively with management team on semi-monthly payroll, commission and bonus
* Budget / Forecasting - Establish and implement short and long term company goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
* Group coordination. Act as a business partner across the entire organization ensuring the accurate and timely collection and distribution of all mission-critical reporting
* BS degree in Accounting preferred
* Must have great communication skills and great people management skills.
* Private start up experience - Minimum 2 year experience as a Bookkeeper in a start up
* Results orientation with an ability to collaborate with everyone across the entire company
* Grounded Excel + Quickbooks experience
* 5+ years of Accounting experience
* 5+ years of Payroll experience preferably in Wells Fargo Payroll
* Internet or Mobile Media / Advertising experience
* Small-company orientation with a passion for growth
* Ability to work under pressure in crunch times
* Ability to work with international customers / suppliers in a 24/7 environment
In a cover letter, please describe your background, your LinkedIn profile and a short note describing why you love working with us at Fixya.