This position requires a strong background in bookkeeping as well as computer skills. Each Account Payable Bookkeeper is assigned anywhere between 20 to 40 separate entities/ associations, depending on volume of work and financial complexity.
· Sorts mail deliveries by Association and distribute invoices accordingly.
· Sends balance of invoices via Inter-office mail to Property Managers for approval and code processing, excluding utility/TCG invoices.
· Sorts Inter-office mails received from each association and stamp “Received” with calendar date.
· Reviews all invoices and enters data in CAM Accounting date base.
· Prints issued checks and attaches all checks to original invoices.
· Runs reports as needed: Check Register Report and Cash Management Report for each association/entity.
· Prepares Developer Funding Requests to accompany above reports, as needed.
· Sends complete packages of Reports and attachments to Property Managers for BOD signature.
· Receives, records and stamps signed checks with “PAID” and calendar date.
· Records signed checks in the Cash Register, “received” and date.
· Reviews and monitors the cash balance by entity to ensure checks can be released.
· Reviews and confirms signatures and funds availability before mailing the checks.
· Files all invoices with attachments, including vouchers.
· Handles phone inquiries and conducts research as requested by Property Managers as vendors.
· Investigates payment issues/inquiries from vendors and requests copies of paid checks from G/L, as needed.
· Processes approved deposits to the Reserve Account and/or the Security Deposit Account, as needed and by request.
· Makes copies of all deposits, including checks, and submits to the General Ledger Accountant.
· Provides G/L with a copy of the Insurance Agreement(s).
· Processes all Developer Funding check deposits and submits copies to G/L.
· Enters all data related to recurring expenses in CAM Accounting; i.e. Insurance payments, Reserve payments.
· Reviews, maintains and updates system data pertinent to vendor files, as needed.
· Prepares end-of-year files and folders for storage and organizes space for current year data.
· Prepares 1099 Forms and IRS 1096 Forms as needed and requested by vendor clients.
· Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
· Other duties as required.
· Associates degree with concentration in accounting preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess strong administrative background.
· Three (3) to five (5) years of account payable experience with data entry is required.
· Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Computer Literacy: Solid computer skills with working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
· Ability to prioritize work with minimum supervision.
· Physical demands include ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
· Standing, sitting and walking.
· Required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
· Talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Continental Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
FirstService wants to be first when it comes to real estate services. The company has subsidiaries that provide commercial property...