We are searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant for our West Village, 1,980-bed student living community in Davis, CA. This mixed-use development integrates student, faculty and staff housing and educational facilities, all centered on a civic Village Square on the University of California Davis campus.
In brief summary, the position of Administrative Assistant at West Village is a general administrative position assigned (as and when determined appropriate and needed) to a Manager level or above incumbent at Carmel Partners, Inc. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing day-to-day administrative tasks, including light accounting. Property management and customer service experience is required. Please note occasional Saturday or Sunday hours may be required for this position. This is a unique hybrid position with dual administrative and bookkeeper functions in the property management space. The title of this posting was created to highlight the bookkeeper side, as that is where the emphasis will be. The actual job title will be Administrative Assistant.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Entering Checks (about 1500 monthly)
o Bank Deposits
o Assist in Delinquency Research
o Non-sufficient Funds
o EFT Exceptions
o Charges Audit
o Tenant payment questions
o Payment Research
o Report issues to the ACM
o File Batch Reports and secure scanned checks
o Run intranet check scan reports and report all of the payments that did not process through profitstar (About 100 a month)
o Credit Apply
o Assist Assistant Community Manager (ACM) with Deposit Audit
o Post Late Fees
o Assist ACM in Bank Recon research from Accounting
o Resident energy usage tracking
o Billing Verification
o Balance Due Notices
• Assist ACM with September SODA processing
• Assist ACM with Special Accounting Projects
• Assist all managers (Community, Assistant, Marketing, and Leasing) with expense reports to ensure consistent allocation.
• Properly dispose of old checks (4 months +)
• Prepare correspondence, memos, and any necessary documentation, using word processing and spreadsheet skills
• Assist in answering and follow-up of telephone messages, faxes, and other correspondence
• Cover front desk receptionist duties when needed
• Answer incoming office calls when needed
• Follow up on requests made by customers
• Follow up on Supervisor’s behalf with vendors, employees, properties, residents via telephone, e-mail, written correspondence as directed
• Maintain office/function filing system
• Prepare and maintain expense reimbursements
• Handle some billing activities, as assigned
• Manages daily requirements of the office/function, including supply inventories, printing and copying reports, assembling and packaging reports, maintaining the office environment in a professional and tidy manner
• Coordinates reporting, with other, related functions, departments and work sites/offices as assigned
• Assist in ordering and maintaining supplies for office
• May assist with processing invoices
• Assist with resident requests
• Maintain departmental or functional meeting minutes
• Assists other administrative staff or office personnel, as and when required
• Attends work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
• Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
• High School Diploma required
• At least 1 year of property management experience; student housing experience a plus.
• Property Management Financial Accounting experience highly desired.
• Proven computer abilities, Windows (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and email required
• Previous experience with Property Management Operating and Information systems. MRI a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication
• Strong orientation for customer-service
• Strong attention to detail
• Outstanding organization and time management skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time and other constraints
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Able to regularly attend scheduled shifts
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work is primarily sedentary
• Constant speaking, hearing, and interpreting information
• Repetitive use of computer (keyboard, mouse), phone, calculator
• Visually inspects, prepares, and analyzes data & figures; views computer constantly