Job Title: Group Fitness Instructor-Boot Camp
Reports To: Group Fitness Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: August 1, 2014
SUMMARY: Provide safe and effective instruction of group Boot Camp classes to the members.
- Provide platinum service while maintaining a clean and safe environment for members, guests, and staff
- Know and embrace the mission statement and platinum service basics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide quality group fitness classes and other programs while promoting safety and wellness
- Study new fitness trends and provide up-to-date information/offerings to members
- Address member concerns and questions regarding class and/or the Fitness program
- Support and promote Fitness program by referring members
- Maintain active certifications
- Cover classes as needed
- Arrive to each assigned class dressed appropriately, prepared and on time (prior to actual class time)
- Alert Group Fitness Manager in advance with conflicts in scheduling
- Provide feedback to Group Fitness Manager regarding classes
- Attend meetings as scheduled
Must be able to teach Boot Camp once or twice a week on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 5:45AM-6:45AM.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education and six months to one year related experience or training preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
National Fitness Certification required (please list specific certification and period of certification).CPR, preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job employee must perform required exercises while leading class. Employee is frequently required to stand for lengthy periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs unassisted. Employee is regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee is also required to stand and reach with hands and arms and regularly use hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
It is Club policy not to hire any employee under the age of 16.