Minimum Qual Requirements
- Working under the Borough Team Leader, manage a design studio of 10-12 landscape designers. Oversee implementation of the Borough’s Capital Design program valued at $20-$40 million dollars.
- Assign projects to in-house staff or consultants and schedule completions to meet team targets. Monitor design progress and staff compliance with project milestone dates.
- Direct and supervise Senior Designers and the design process to ensure projects have well thought out designs and remain on schedule and within budget. Coordinate with support units and consultants to prioritize workload and ensure schedules are met.
- Ensure documents are submitted to oversight regulatory agencies to obtain timely approvals. Review graphic and written design documents to ensure documents effectively convey project goals.
- Work with the Borough Commissioner, Maintenance and Operations staff and stakeholders to provide information, input, and assessment of projects.
- Represent the Agency at meetings with outside organizations, community boards, community interest groups and other City and State agencies.
- Prepare analyses for potential future projects, including cost estimates and conceptual designs.
- Use, develop, and/or implement new technologies, procedures, and systems for tracking and reporting on project milestones and budgets.
- Assist with hiring, training, evaluation and administrative oversight of team design personnel.
1. A valid New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect. Current New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
1. At least five years experience in managing design process, projects, contracts and staff which includes experience with interdisciplinary coordination during the design phase.
2. Advanced planning and design skills, with a solid understanding of urban design principles and technical production.
3. LEED Certification and a knowledge of any/all of the following specialized disciplines: ecological restoration, historic preservation, conservation, ADA/universal design concepts, horticulture and urban design.
4. Excellent and effective graphic and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. A commitment to teamwork and encouraging professional growth in team members, and an integrated approach to project delivery.
6. A driver license valid in New York State.
City employees: apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting
Activities and search for Job ID#96620
For all other applicants: go to www.nyc.gov/careers and search for Job ID#96620
Flushing Meadows, Olmsted Ctr., Queens
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
NYC Careers - 16 months ago