Job Title: Bottling Supervisor KR-092-13
Reports To: Production Systems and Planning Manager
Location: Rutherford, CA
Compensation: $55,000-65,000, plus 5% bonus potential
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
About our Client:
Our client is a worldwide leader in the production and bottling of premium distilled spirits and fine wines. This company is stable and financially strong and continues to be successful and growing despite the economic climate. They are looking for a candidate with a combination of strong leadership and hands on skills. The successful candidate will become part of a fast-paced, high energy, teamwork environment and a company that values their employees by providing personal and career growth opportunities
The Bottling Supervisor is responsible for overseeing production on multiple bottling lines, which includes supervising the activities of 10 to 18 employees. The Bottling Supervisor drives the success of the bottling department by continually motivating morale, communicates and achieves management goals, and encourages continuous development and improvement. The Bottling Supervisor ensures all work orders are met by achieving production to schedule and is responsible for adhering to all principles of the Company’s ISO Quality, Safety, Environmental and Food Safety (QSEFS) Management Team.
- Provide coaching and supervision to all bottling line employees daily
- Ensure employees receive proper equipment training, quality training and production guidelines
- Ensure adherence to all bottling schedules
- Monitor product quality issues and resolve as needed
- Identify issues where procedural changes are necessary and issue Corrective Action Requests to assist in resolving these issues
- Monitor production schedule to identify potential issues
- Assists the Production Manager in the management and compliance with company QSEFS programs, initiatives and policies
- Coordinates monthly departmental QSEFS inspections and/or audits
- Maintains budgetary line efficiencies and production performance to reduce or eliminate rework
- Coordinate quarantine and disposition of defective supplies
- Responsible to daily production inventories and reporting to the Production Manager
- Enters production data into production software systems (JDE E1, Excel)
- Monitor and reduce line setup and downtime
- Assists in monthly and yearend physical inventories
- Coordinate quarantine and disposition of defective supplies.
- Responsible for compiling daily production inventories and reporting the production numbers to the Production Manager.
- Enters production data into production software systems (E1, Excel), compiles data for daily production reports.
- Monitor line maintenance and supplies spending to identify areas of opportunity.
- Monitor and reduce line setup and downtime.
- Assist in preparation of production related capital projects and implementation.
- Responsible for posting all necessary documentation, reports, and notices in designated production areas
- Assists in monthly and year end physical inventories
- Provides general administrative support to the production department on an as needed basis. Coordinates special requests from other depts. (E.g. Marketing)
- Minimum – High School diploma
- Preferred – Industrial Engineering Degree
- 3+ people management experience
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and distribution activities
- Sparkling Wine experience is a plus
About The River Group
- Forklift certification required
- Basic computer and email skills
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills (bilingual – English/Spanish a plus)
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment - strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.
Monster - 12 months ago