For 130 years, Chubb & Son, a division of Federal Insurance Company has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a
worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The
Chubb Corporation reported $50 billion in assets and $13 billion in revenues in 2011.
According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
Chubb has maintained its reputation and financial stability with underwriting expertise, unparalleled customer service, unique industry-specific specialization and a deep respect for all of our employees.
Currently, Chubb is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant for the Kansas City office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides executive level support to the Kansas City Branch Manager and overall branch operations. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to: being a strategic business partner in reference to projects, objectives and initiatives as well as scheduling/ coordinating travel, preparing memos and other correspondence, completing data analysis (reports), preparing presentations, planning meetings (including room set-up, equipment, catering, agenda), managing & coordinating priorities & special events, managing expenses, maintaining calendar and problem solving for internal and external business partners (ie. agents and brokers).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of five years of administrative support experience.
• Affinity for learning the business and then engaging proactively to drive key business results
• Ability to assess current and future customer needs as well as strength in anticipating customer needs (needs they may not even realize they have)- adding value from a reactive and proactive standpoint.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with high level executives, staff, and non-Chubb business associates in a professional, friendly, courteous manner.
• Excellent typing skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Lotus Notes.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Superior time management skills and organizational skills. Must be able to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to proactively research inquiries and provide accurate and timely responses, both verbally and in written format.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• Proven ability to work independently, must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to plan and organize complex requests.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Work schedule flexibility during peak times and/ or for special assignments
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by DiversityInc magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.