JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes(T1D) research. The goal of JDRF research is to improve the lives of all people affected by T1D by accerlerating progress on the most promising opportunities for curing, better treating and preventing T1D. |
Responsible for core program execution and volunteer development in major off-site outlying market area(s) for JDRF. Responsible and accountable for branch financial results and staff and volunteer performance. May supervise other Branches and/or satellite offices.
Works with minimal supervision and direction from the Executive Director and/or Regional Director while developing and managing multiple activities in a number of functional areas.
· Working within JDRFs volunteer - staff partnership environment, the Branch Director will support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Manage the functioning of the Branchs daily operations.
· Evaluate the resources within the Branch market area and develop a comprehensive Plan of Operation for all annual income development activities including budgets, timelines, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plans as warranted.
· Track income and expenses associated with assigned events, and facilitate comprehensive special event records, evaluations and reports.
· Responsible for the cultivation and management of a volunteer Board or leadership council whose functions include supporting maximum market penetration for JDRF special events and campaigns, enhancing community presence, and providing leverage and access to financial resources within the Branch market area.
· Serve as the staff manager/partner to the volunteer -Board or leadership council, providing leadership, support, materials, reports and assistance in building and implementing annual plans and ensuring the on-going development of a strong volunteer Board. Ensures that new volunteer Board members participate in JDRF Board Orientation.
· Directly support the volunteer Board nominating process and provide leadership
· Cultivate and Steward major donor relationships across all programs.
· Direct and m anage the Branchs resources including its staff and volunteers. Supervise, coach and evaluate temporary and or permanent staff (if appropriate). Communicate and set expectations clearly and appropriately. Provide ongoing growth and development by motivating, providing training opportunities and directing people as they work.
· Accountable for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, recognition, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned special events.
· Cultivate, manage and maintain productive relationships with the media and various constituents, and related groups in the Branch market area including professional, educational and political leadership.
· Provide the leadership, management and support for the development of Government Relations and Public Outreach Programs (i.e. Family Network Activities, Bag of Hope, Coffees, etc.) in the Branch market area.
· Represent the best interests, professionalism and integrity of JDRF in all activities and relationships through a unified message of the JDRF mission and a commitment to organizational standards and leadership by personal example.
· Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other JDRF activities.
· Maintain a working knowledge of JDRFs programs, policies and procedures.
· Maintain a basic understanding of JDRFs mission and research strategy.
· Ensure the confidentiality and security of proprietary information.
· Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
· Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
· Degree with four years of equivalent experience or eight years of progressive development and management experience in lieu of degree.
· 5-10 years of progressively responsible and related experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in a management/supervisory role.
· Professional fundraising or related experience.
· Knowledge and skill in non-profit and fiscal management.
· Strong Volunteer/Board development experience.
· Understanding of computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
· Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
· Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships. Capability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements.
· Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.
· Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills. Exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful.
· Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed.
· Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer