North Shore Bank’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe only the major responsibilities of the job. You may be expected to perform other duties specified by your manager. Everyone is expected to contribute whatever efforts necessary to operate efficiently and effectively to insure the success of North Shore Bank.
- Establish objectives for assigned business area in collaboration with District Managers and Market Managers and develop plans that will accomplish objectives
- Ensure that sufficient resources, including staffing and sales support, are available and efficiently deployed.
- Coach direct reports, motivating them and training them on effective practices and processes and to achieve business plan objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback, including conducting performance evaluations for direct reports and collaborating on others as required. Take remedial actions as required to address deficiencies.
- Consistently communicates all necessary information to the staff by scheduling regular staff meetings and/or seminars for the purpose of informing staff and/or customers of current promotions and business practices.
- Keep abreast of current financial and economic conditions in market place and business sector.
Sales and Referrals
- Coordinates and monitors physical security, insures adherence to established policies and procedures, adherence to accounting controls, quality of customer documents and compliance with the Bank’s credit controls; corrects any deficiencies on a timely basis. Opens and Closes the branch as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of effective internal controls for the branch including but not limited to protection of all funds, physical assets and property of the branch. Assures adequate maintenance and repair of branch facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises teller operations by delegating responsibilities, holding branch staff accountable for their duties. Performs in CSR role if required.
- Handles complex and non-routine inquiries by branch staff and customers concerning bank policy and operating procedures; research and solve customer problems.
- Handles unusual or difficult customer situations through direct personal action or referral to the appropriate department.
- Keeps abreast of Bank products/services and insures that all changes and/or additions are thoroughly communicated to staff.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Performs essential duties and responsibilities of Personal Banker as required.
- Uncover needs of customers through effective use of profiles and established bank sales processes and meet or exceed profile goals that are set.
- Ensures all staff meet referral and point expectations, provides coaching to improve effectiveness of referrals and point generation, and develops remediation plans when necessary.
- Develops and leads execution of specific sales plans in collaboration with District Manager and Market Manager to meet and exceed goals.
- Ensure the effective utilization of Business Partners in branch.
- Develops opportunities and participates in community involvement activities and assists Market Manager with outside sales efforts.
LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS
- High School education required – Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Two to three years of demonstrated leadership in a management role. Must have excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Three to four years of sales experience with an emphasis on building customer relationships. Ability to coach and achieve branch and individual goals.
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial concepts. Knowledge of desktop automation tools.
A Life license is preferred. This position may require registration through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Applicants must (1) have an active NMLS ID that is in good standing, and can be transferred to North Shore Bank's registry, or (2) must be willing to register prior to start date. Your employment with North Shore Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter
North Shore Bank - 20 months ago
THE BANK OF YOU is for you. Your style. Your personality. Your way of life.
Join us and discover a work experience where ideas are met...