To provide quality service to the membership while learning and applying the skill sets necessary to be in a branch management role.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Shadow a branch manager to learn the day to day duties and functions of the manager role while continuing to assist members with account-related issues, new accounts and loans. Key focus areas will include annual budget planning, timecard management, employee reviews and member concerns.
- Shadow personnel within different departments to develop a practical, working knowledge of management expectation and processes at America's First Federal Credit Union.
- Learn how to evaluate and audit all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established credit union policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Assist the branch manager and head teller in coordinating the daily branch activities.
- Represent the credit union as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations, suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
- Maintains communications with assigned mentor, along with the Operations and Human Resources departments throughout training. Must attend scheduled management meetings.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Must have minimum lending authority of $5,000 unsecured and $25,000 secured.
Must demonstrate proficiency with the lending function and have a satisfactory lending record and portfolio.
Must be current on all policies and procedures related to teller, new account and lending functions.
Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Must demonstrate excellent member service skills.
Must be willing to train at any local branch location and travel to various branches as needed.
Minimum two years consumer lending and new account experience required.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in relevant field) is preferred. Two year college degree is required.