Airgas USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a BRANCH MANAGER position open at our Henderson, KY location.
Overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
• Hire, lead, supervise, evaluate, manage, motivate and train employees.
• Assist outside sales representatives in all areas, including but not limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all literature required, providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales leads.
• Coordinate sales promotion activities and prepares or directs preparation of merchandise displays.
• Prepare market and competitor information, annual sales analysis and forecast for the Area Manager.
• Prepare annual budget.
• Monitor fiscal performance of the branch as compared to budget.
• Control branch expenditures and costs.
• Ensure all customers receive quality customer service from company associates.
• Oversee completion of sales-related paperwork (shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate full knowledge of all order entry, data research and computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
• Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
• Maintain existing accounts and new business with existing accounts.
• Identify, prioritize and penetrate target accounts.
• Identify target accounts for telemarketing.
• Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels.
• Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable at an acceptable level in accordance with company guidelines and goals.
• Review contract price file quarterly.
• Relate gross profit dollars and margins to gross profit requirements and budget. Relates actual net income to budget.
• Conform actual gross profit to guidelines, as evidence by monthly reports.
• Lead and promote safety, organize safety meetings, and strictly enforce safety rules.
• Maintain and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
• Establish vehicle maintenance schedules.
• Ensure subordinate complaints are effectively handled.
• Consult with Human Resources regarding personnel issues.
• Responsible for appearance, cleanliness and functionality of facilities.
• Assist customers with equipment set-up and demonstration as necessary.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education.
• 5+ years experience in the welding industry and/or sales, preferably both.
• 2+ years experience in all aspects of supervision, including coaching, performance reviews, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
• Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
• Negotiating and selling skills required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information regarding customers’ orders.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee’s own time.
• Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
• Ability to perform heavy work, routinely lifting 25-75 lbs.
• Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours, frequent bending required.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more .
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.