The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring profitability, productivity standards, strong Customer Relations and the achievement of targeted performance standards through the effective Leadership of Independent Contractors, Service Partners, and Employees. This position will also be responsible for managing the application of relevant Technologies and Standard Operating Procedures for new and existing Customers.
- Ensure excellent Customer Relations are maintained at all times and foster a Customer Driven Culture. This includes regular visits and contact with the Top Customers in the market.
- Maintain good Human Relations with Independent Contractors.
- Coordinate the selection and development of personnel in accordance with Company Procedures including development of Succession Planning through internal/external training.
- Meet or exceed financial plans as per the fiscal year budget.
- Develop and implement short and long-term plans with each Department in the Business Center to achieve company goals.
- Generate revenue through implementation of a Sales Strategy, Direct Marketing, and Strategic Parternships.
- Monitor Competitors in the Marketplace with respect to Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, and Operational Procedures. Make adjustments where needed to maintain a leading edge in Marketplace.
- Oversee audits to ensure compliance with established standards in all aspects of the Business.
- Analyze the needs of the Business Center regarding staff requirements, building and office needs, to make recommendations to the Regional Vice President.
- Establish and authorize work schedules in the Business Center to meet Customer requirements.
- Through strong leadership ensure all Managers and Supervisors know and adhere to Company Rules and Regulations.
- Conduct studies to clarify and/or correct procedural problems.
- Advise Regional VP of local problems, conditions, changes or other matters affecting the Business Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in related field
- Work experience may be substituted for degree.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the logistics or same day delivery industry.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Proven ability to execute Corporate Ojectives.
- Minimum of three years experience in Business Management.
- A combination of Industry experience, General Management, and Sales Management.
- Experience working in a Unionized Environment.
- Maintain a high degree of self-discipline.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience using Microsoft; Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Possess the ability to implement new and creative solutions in a fast-paced service environment
We offer a comptitive Benefits Plan and a 401K Plan match. EOE
- Must be able to lift 30lbs - 50lbs.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
Dynamex knows the dynamics of same-day delivery. The company offers both scheduled and on-demand delivery of time-sensitive items such as...