The Branch manager is responsible for directing sales and business development, overseeing that all branch operational objectives are met by the Assistant Branch Manager and ensuring that the branch achieves its annual goals. Management duties include staff development and supervisory responsibility for branch staff. Branch Managers will also be expected to achieve personal sales goals, assist branch customers with information about products and services and manage a portfolio of business clients. Branch Managers are responsible for building the bank’s presence in the community and for prospecting and enhancing business relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of new commercial business and the maintenance of existing business portfolio by maintaining a sales call program based on established criteria and objectives, ensuring the quality of calls and that all accounts are called upon on a regular basis. Responsible for the overall sales performance of the branch.
- Develops and recommends marketing plans to the VP, Retail Customer Experience .
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all bank consumer and business products and services as well as a general understanding of products and services available through subsidiary companies.
- Motivates and encourages employees to actively support all office and bank-wide sales and incentive programs.
- Monitors and ensures a strong cross-selling effort is in place for all staff
- Ensures that retail branch goals are being met and managed by the Assistant Branch Manager.
- Responsible for the planning and organization of staff members, development of employee relations, and assessing the training and career needs of staff members.
- Responsible for providing the necessary knowledge, guidelines, and expertise to ensure superior customer service.
- Oversees and ensures that accepted levels of control are met for security, regulatory and operational requirements.
- Develops annual marketing plan for their assigned sales area. Including analysis of potential development of existing accounts with specific emphasis on the development of new areas of business potential.
- Holds product knowledge meetings on a regular basis with the staff and has the direct responsibility of monitoring staff activity in soliciting new business.
- Develops a sound branch staffing plan that is in place including requests for additional staff during peak periods to meet customer demands.
- Interviews and selects new branch personnel.
- Oversees the daily, weekly, monthly review and implementation of operations and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for abiding by operational procedures as established by the Audit and Operations area.
- Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of established and approved annual branch budget.
- Motivate and train staff to positively deal with customer complaints so that the bank’s core values are not compromised.
- Must interact with local chambers of commerce, development agencies, accountants etc.
- Completes reports as directed by the VP, Retail Customer Experience .
- May perform duties in the absence of or when requested by the VP, Retail Customer Experience .
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Sales/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 license and New York State Life/Health/Accident license, or ability to attain as directed by management
- 4-6 years branch office experience in supervisory capacity or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of outside sales call experience.
- 2-4 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience.
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience.
- Previous lending experience (minimum 1 year).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven sales skills.
- Must possess excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank products.
- Ability to Develop Business Relationships by making external sales calls.
- Understanding of budget practices
- Understanding of consultable selling processes.
- Life licensed to sell life insurance and annuities within one year of assignment.
Evans Bank - 23 months ago