Florida Tile is one of the nation's leading tile manufacturers and distributors. Six years ago, Florida Tile was acquired by Panariagroup, one of Europe's largest tile manufacturers and distributors. Panariagroup has invested in plant expansion, new branch openings, and existing branch relocations to strengthen and grow Florida Tile's share of the US tile market.
Florida Tile currently has an opening for a Branch Manager for our new location in Dallas, Texas. We are looking for a leader who can keep the big picture in view while rolling up their sleeves to execute the day-to-day responsibilities required for running a successful branch. Those responsibilities include: establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships; hiring and training high quality staff; supervising and assisting with day-to-day sales and customer service activities; managing inventory and accounts receivable in accordance with company policies; and performing administrative tasks related to branch operations.
The ideal Branch Manager candidate will have a track record of success managing sales, operations, and staff in a business related to building materials or construction; excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer literacy; ability to understand operations P&L statements; and the ability to achieve company goals with little supervision.
Duties: SUMMARY: Responsible for all functions of branch sales, operations and administration. Responsibilities include direct sales activities, sales management, marketing, personnel and inventory management. The Branch Manager's main purpose is to effectively manage these functions in order to achieve sales, margins and product mix budgets while keeping also costs within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and sales management
Operations and administrations
- Develop, administer and execute marketing plan to achieve sales, margin and product mix goals
- Make direct sales calls on customers
- Manage branch sales representatives
- Maintain knowledge of the local competition in the market in order to develop appropriate plans
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Manage pricing in accordance with market and with company policy.
- Manage marketing materials according to budget in order to achieve maximum return.
Qualifications: • At least three years of managing sales, operations, and staff in a business related to flooring, building materials, or construction
- Manage inventory by having the correct product mix and levels, order appropriate products, conduct periodic physical inventories, monitor slow moving items, and account for breakage and adjustments
- Supervising and assisting with day-to-day sales and customer service activities
- Utilize effective interpersonal communication and leadership skills in the employee selection, discipline and performance management process
- Maintain expenses within the budget, make collection calls as needed, manage accounts receivable, review and approve payables, analyze monthly statements/reports and develop processes to keep expenses within the branch.
- Conduct periodic training and administer company policies
- Overall responsibilities for maintaining branch equipment and facilities.
- Perform administrative tasks related to branch operations
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and AS400 base IRP
- Ability to understand financial and P&L statements
- Ability to achieve goals with little supervision
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software
Florida Tile, Inc. - 18 months ago