The Branch Manager is responsible for planning and directing all branch-related activities that affect the public relations and corporate image of the Credit Union. This high-contact position requires the ability to deal effectively with Members and Associates in person, by telephone and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate, supervise and effectively schedule the branch office staff and their daily activities in servicing the membership.
• Provide consistent and ongoing support to the sales staff:
a) Plan and conduct regular department meetings;
b) Implement training as needed;
c) Recognize and reward employees for achievement;
d) Act as a role model and motivator;
e) Provide goals and feedback to the department.
• Monitor sales activity of the Credit Union and administer sales incentive programs.
• Maintain and improve the quality of the Credit Union’s financial products and services.
• Maintain employee time records and report any missed work, cash discrepancies or scheduled days off.
• Ensure that security procedures are followed.
• Develop a working knowledge of the Credit Union’s data processing system.
• Oversee the branch facility:
a) Ensure that supplies are adequately stocked;
b) Maintain all branch office equipment including check encoders, ATMs, computers, printers, phone systems, etc.;
c) Maintain office appearance, including furniture, fixtures, walkways, marketing displays/materials, etc.
• Develop thorough knowledge of lending and financial services.
• Assist in development of new products/services.
• Assist in other areas as directed by Credit Union management.
• Develop an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
• On a self-directed basis, continue to improve individual level of competency through training and certification on established educational programs.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance or related education and experience
Three to five years of managerial experience
One to two years in a sales environment
Strong organizational skills
Effective communication skills
Previous experience in a branch management capacity
Teller and account assistance experience
Physical Activities and Requirements of This Position:
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.