Summary . Plans, organizes and manages the sales and daily operational activities of a branch bank including lending, new account development, teller functions and customer relations. Responsible for managing staff and operations, achieving profitability and ensuring compliance with regulations and bank policies.
Essential Functions .
Additional Responsibilities .
- Manage personal bankers and teller staff, including hiring, training, developing, evaluating, and counseling.
- Train branch staff in operations and policy matters including lending, new accounts, cashiering, customer relations, regulatory requirements and bank policies and products.
- Develop individual and branch sales goals and monitor and promote achievement of goals.
- Prepare annual branch budget and manage spending within the approved budget.
- Ensure compliance with banking regulations, and bank policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present marketing presentations to existing and potential customers, and assist with staff presentations.
- Recommend and implement new products and programs to better meet customer needs and to stimulate growth in bank performance.
- Maintain full knowledge of features and benefits of bank products and services to identify customer needs and recommend appropriate financial solutions.
- Display STARS standards.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
- Perform teller new account and consumer lending duties as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Ensure facilities are maintained to create a safe and welcoming environment for bankers and customers.
- Oversee preparation of monthly operations and productivity reports.
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills .
- Three years of professional experience in banking.
- Two years of supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to perform quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Possess a professional, positive, team-oriented attitude.
Physical and Mental Requirements .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations
- Personal Computer Experience
Equipment Used . Computer, telephone, fax machine, photocopier, scanner
- Good organizational, planning and budgeting skills.
- Financial acumen to make sound business decisions.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mediate and build consensus.
- Ability to work quickly and think logically under pressure.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Working Conditions . This position requires the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including Saturdays, to meet deadlines and attend various meetings. The environment is climate-controlled and typical of an office environment. Travel to affiliate banks and attendance at bank board committees is required.
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time. EOE/M/F/D/V