Extraordinary people work at Whelan Security – Are you one?
Whelan Security invites YOU to join one of the largest regional contract security providers in the United States! We are continuously searching for professional, qualified applicants looking for a career in the security industry. And, at Whelan our diverse employee benefits packages, training and professional development programs, and career progression opportunities allow us to garner talent that otherwise might not consider employment in the security industry.
Are you a top producer?
Are you looking for the company you plan to retire with?
Do you thrive on results?
Whelan Security, a forward thinking, industry leader in contract security services is experiencing rapid growth throughout the US. We are looking for the right person to help lead our growth in this market. What makes Whelan Security a great place to work? It is our people! At Whelan, our employees are our greatest assets - the foundation of our past success – and the cornerstone of our future. Visit our website at www.whelansecurity.com for more information.
· Unlimited professional growth potential
· Compensation commensurate with aptitude
· Full benefits including health insurance and 401k
· Industry leading “best practices”
The ideal candidate for this opportunity should be able to bring documented success in operating within a fast-paced office environment. We are seeking an experienced and proven self starter that driven by results.
A Whelan Branch Manager must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following functions:
The Branch Manager at Whelan Security is responsible for the administration, coordination, planning, directing and implementation of a branch business program designed to establish a pattern of relationships that will enable the branch to acquire profitable business with reasonable risk, maintain that business while improving the service model, and continually growing the branch profit. He/she must be knowledgeable of all company policies and procedures and reports to the Region Vice President of Operations and Customer Service.
- Provide and maintain a comprehensive business program that determines the branch organizational structure, develops job descriptions for each position, establishes branch policy and reporting procedures, and overall management of human recourses
- Plan and control the Branch Business Plan, maintain company records, organize and control growth, control sales and expenditures
- In regards to accounting and Branch Finance/Budget duties; propose annual budget, reconcile monthly/quarterly closings, control and reduce costs, establish branch pricing guidelines in accordance with instruction from Executive Vice President, monitor and maintain cash flow
- Provide oversight of all Sales and Marketing to include: forecasting of sales throughout year, selecting, training, and managing of sales persons, motivating of sales personal, signing of all contracts as well as setting contract terms, expanding sales to current customers, creating and maintaining a positive image within the branch and community.
- Oversight human resources selecting and retaining personnel that will acclimate to the Whelan Values and business principles. Ensure a positive and harassment free work environment at the branch and account levels. Comply with Federal and State employment laws and all Whelan Security human resource standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop personnel to their full potential.
- Ensure Whelan Security core values are integrated into all business practices.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with Clients
- Maintain a positive work ethic within the branch, audit branch methods, procedures and operations for effectiveness
- Assist in overall company functions as needed
A Whelan Branch Manager needs following prerequisite skills:
Basic Skills :
- Leadership ability
- Team work skills
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Understanding of how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of company history, culture, identity and goals.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
- Able to supervise a field staff or middle management and support staff
- Know how to delegate work
- Problem-solving and conflict management
- Have a developed keen business sales acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Basic Attributes :
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience, Work History, and Education :
- B.A. /B.S. in related field preferred (proper experience can be substituted for education).
- 7+ year’s solid security experience in a supervisory or management position.
- CPP / PSP certification preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
- Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have no criminal convictions as specified under Whelan Security guidelines.
- Successful completion of Whelan’s Pre-Employment Assessment of Knowledge (PEAK).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Whelan Security - 15 months ago
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...