Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Branch Manager must understand the overall vision of being the best Global Supply Chain Leader in the world, implementing the four key strategies of Customer Satisfaction, Operational Excellence, Product Excellence and Personnel Excellence to drive long-term profitable growth.
The Branch Manager is responsible for successfully managing a branch while increasing revenue and profitability by recognizing and responding to the needs of existing customers, through operational excellence and effective management and development of staff. The Branch Manager will operate a profit center generating branch operating profit less than $1.5 million.
- Operational Excellence & Customer Satisfaction: Ensure that operational performance improvement is a continuous effort and performance meets the needs of our customers.
- Product Excellence : Ensure that YLA Product offering meets the market needs and functions as a differentiator in the market.
- Personnel Excellence : Manages and develops staff to ensure Branch and Division objectives are achieved.
- Financial Analysis: Manages and develops P&L to assure Branch and Division objectives are achieved.
Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation/Logistics or Business Administration
5+ years in a transportation profit center or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years leadership and performance management are essential.
Strong communication/reasoning skills
Math skills relating to price calculations, revenue, and margin.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The Branch manager must have knowledge/experience in transportation economics, financial statements, customer management and service, and possess a process management orientation.
Benefits and Compensation
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. offers employees a comprehensive total compensation package to meet both individual and family needs. Our package includes:
We invest in wellness programs designed to help you take good care of yourself and your family:
- Competitive base pay, with opportunity for performance based increases
- 401(k) plan with immediate participation and eligibility for company match
- Health plan coverage for medical, prescription, dental, and vision care
- Company sponsored life insurance for employees, with the option to purchase additional coverage for the employee, spouse and children
- Paid time off for vacations, sickness and holidays
- Income security in the event of an employee’s illness through short- and long-term disability programs
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance and work life programs
- Global Fit
- Exclusive rates for gym memberships and gym equipment
- Weight loss and nutrition programs
- World Doc 24/7
- Health Education site providing tolls and resources to manage health
- 24 hour nurse line
- Health Advocate