Essential Duties and Responsibilities:|
The Teller In store position is responsible for the tactical initiatives of DSFCU as they relate to building member primary relationships, providing world-class service and achieving branch goals.
Continually improve financial center and operational performance while remaining committed to the credit union's core values ("The Big 4") of member solutions, employee satisfaction, community involvement, and financial results.
Promote and build positive relationships with members and explore/provide solutions to their financial needs. Build positive relationships with other DSFCU lines of business by interacting with other business units.
Demonstrate effective communication with all internal and external business partners, including the retail partner, while effectively communicating upwards and across the organization. Provide solutions to member problems, complaints and dissatisfaction.
Apply approved processes to ensure branch security is in alignment with credit union policies and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Reports to Assistant Branch Manager and/or Branch Manager, Branch Operations.
Primary Responsibilities (approximately 70%):
- Deliver outstanding service to our members and employees/patrons of the retail partner
- Build member loyalty by processing member transactions, accurately and efficiently
- Identify opportunities to deepen member relationships (versus single product/service sales)
- Identify opportunities to match value added products and services to nonmembers
- Participate with in store marketing programs
- Participate in aisle prospecting of employees/patrons of the retail partner (applies to in-store locations
Secondary Responsibilities: (approximately 30%):
- Display intensity, excitement and optimism of team and members
Note: Responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs, will rotate between primary and secondary responsibilities and will assist with other duties as assigned
- Deepen member relationships (versus single product/service sales)
- Match value added products and services to nonmembers
Qualified candidates should have 6 months cash handling experience in a sales/service role within the financial services industry or other types of retail businesses.
The candidate must be someone who is recognized as a high energy, flexible individual who consistently exceeds goals.
This person must also have knowledge of how the financial markets impact the financial services industry and excel at representing credit union products.
Minimal travel amongst branches may be required.
Team Performance Skills:
- Demonstrated performance as a successful team player
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to meet sales and service standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under time constraints when necessary.
- Promotes the credit union difference.
- Promotes a strong team spirit.
- Constantly strives to achieve stretched performance standards.
- Support the use of technology, processes and communication to improve efficiency.
- Ability to sustain changes.
style to achieve results and promote positive relationships.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Working well with a variety of personalities and having the ability to appropriately adapt communication
Financial and/or Retail Experience:
- Demonstrated sales and service success.
- Demonstrated cash management success.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to derive solutions.
- Has the ability to establish credibility quickly with peers and members.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven cash handling skills and ability to drive results through effective delivery of products and services to members and employees/patrons of the retail partner.
- Must be able to display flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing retail branch environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate retail operational skills.
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of consumer and business products including savings, checking, home equity, mortgage, investments, insurance and ancillary products and services.
- Knowledge of consumer and business financial industry concepts, products, policies, and regulations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Six plus months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Contact Management systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union - 8 months ago
One of the largest credit unions in Arizona, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union operates more than 50 locations in the Phoenix area, servin...