- Assist the sales representatives and branch manager in developing and implementing a market plan for the store by understanding the local market, including the customer base and competition.
- Ensure customers are serviced appropriately to meet their expectations.
- Support sales rep selling activities.
- Assist in handling customer complaints within district guidelines.
- Ensure all transactions are handled properly through the store computer operating system.
- Assist in maintaining store computer operating system and troubleshoot system as necessary.
- Ensure all customer orders are accurately measured and cut and records are properly maintained.
- Assist in placing and following up on purchases from outside vendors per established policy.
- Ensure orders are installed in a timely manner.
- If branch has a showroom, ensure that it is properly organized to support the site’s home builder
- Assist in coordinating sales of homebuilder non-floorcovering products with S-W paint stores.
- Assist in conducting physical inventory in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure safety, loss prevention and security practices are followed according to policy and correct or report non-compliance.
- Perform/direct processing of daily batch paperwork.
- Perform/direct accounts payable process and preparation of necessary documents and checks.
- Respond to customer questions and complaints concerning their accounts.
- Perform/direct the accounts receivable function including daily bank deposits within established
standards for bad debt, past due, DSO and overlimits.
- Perform/direct credit investigations and analysis on new and existing accounts, including contacting outside sources for information.
- Implement and maintain a systematic follow-up program of phone calls and visits for delinquent
- Work with manager and sales reps to sell customers that present special credit problems and manage the accounts to ensure compliance with the program.
- Keep management informed of any significant changes in regard to payment habits of an account and promptly make them aware of problems.
- Review management/financial reports and resolve problems as necessary.
- Assist in determining staffing needs, recruit store employees accordingly with proper approval, and establish work schedules as appropriate.
- Determine employee training needs and implement training as appropriate.
- Ensure that store staff performs at a level appropriate to meet store objectives by clearly communicating assignments and expectations.
- If position is non-exempt, provide input on performance appraisals.
- If position is exempt, conduct performance appraisals and administer corrective action as required.
- Work with carpet installers to ensure that they properly represent Sherwin-Williams while preserving their status as independent subcontractors.
- Employee is required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion. May assist with handling drums of material excess of 100 lbs.
- Employee will spend approximately 20% of the day sitting, 30% standing, 40% walking and 10%
stooping, climbing and kneeling.
- Employee must be able to measure and cut carpeting and vinyl floorcovering.
- Employee must be able to drive a car or van.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent. Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- If usage of employee’s own vehicle is required, employee must obtain appropriate insurance as defined by Corporate Policy.
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is the industry leader in providing top quality coatings and related products to paint...