Our company, the largest of its kind nationwide, provides audio visual equipment, digital signage, lead retrieval, document library, audio/video recording, kiosk, computers, printers, large plasma displays, servers, copiers, and a wide range of other technology to companies requiring rentals from one day to three months. This is a billion dollar industry nationwide. With 24 offices, SmartSource Rentals is the industry leader.
SmartSource will afford you an exciting and lucrative career opportunity. We offer a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Most importantly, you will be provided the support and environment to excel and succeed with a leading industry company. If you are enthusiastic, highly motivated and looking for a great career opportunity, we encourage you to apply today.
Title: Operations Manager
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for the successful fulfillment of client jobs in the Boston area. This position oversees a wide variety of activities including the preparation, configuration and testing of rental assets for the fulfillment of client orders; project planning for complex multi-disciplinary technology rentals, warehouse operations and logistics, operations staffing, equipment allocation planning; the accuracy of the branch inventory in the company’s operating system and assuring accurate physical inventories. Weekend work and travel is required.
- Manage the preparation, configuration, transport, on-site installation, customer service and troubleshooting of our computer hardware, software, audio and
video equipment and related peripherals.
- Manage the work hours of the technical staff to align with job schedule and minimize overtime.
- Supervise the project planning for complex multi-disciplinary technology rentals.
- Arrange for inter-company equipment movement as required to fulfill orders and meet company branch transfer requests.
- Champion programs that promote team member safety and comply with company safety policies, both within the branch and in the field.
- Manage and support initiatives that maintain and improve branch quality, operational efficiency and cost control metrics.
- Recommend measures to continuously improve quality of service and efficiency of process and work team.
- Supervise and develop the operations personnel assigned to you.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of warehouse facility.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated operations experience in the audio visual, computer rental, or corporate events industry, including management experience in a technical operations capacity.
- Ability to scrutinize mid-level to complex Audio Visual client requirements from an equipment, labor and logistic perspective.
- Highly organized. Ability to prioritize and organize job responsibilities and operational tasks.
- Team player. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information in a professional business environment.
- A positive customer-oriented attitude with a desire to continually improve personal and organizational performance.
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more quality system and/or process improvement system (i.e. TQM, 5S, TPS, Lean, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong PC capabilities. Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexibility to travel on a limited basis.
Indeed - 16 months ago