Utilizes customer relationship management system to provide targeted sales opportunities and proactively sell to current and potential customers. Develops, manages and expands personal and business customer relationships, which may include managing a portfolio that comprises small or less complex customer relationships at service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations. Sells additional insurance products on behalf of HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. ("HIA") pursuant to appointment by HIA's contracted insurance carriers.
Impact on the Business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Initiate contact with more profitable current and potential customers to discuss their financial requirements; sell appropriate core financial services products to meet their needs while developing and expanding account relationships; refer them to other specialized product areas as required.
Role as a broker-dealer Registered Representative
- Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction, including meeting or exceeding standard mystery shop scores.
- Enhance Company image by delivering superior customer service.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Identify cross-sell opportunities, including opportunities to refer customers to other sales representatives of HSBC Securities (USA) through proper customer profiling and needs-based selling.
- Conduct needs assessment with current and potential Company customers and recommend appropriate investment and insurance products and services to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk tolerance and proper asset allocations.
- Sell appropriate core financial service products, including investment and insurance products, t meet customer needs while developing and expanding account relationships.
- Ensure adherence to established investment and insurance product set and selling limitations.
- Comply with Company Nondeposit Investment Product policies and procedures, including the requirements of the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products. Unless otherwise assigned on an individual basis in writing, role does not include management and supervision of investment and insurance activities and sales, which lies within the brokerage business and supervisory structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. as determined by its senior management.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Represent the Company on community organizations and activities to enhance the Company's image and promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources.
- Should act as Premier Relationship Manager as needed. Provide guidance and training to less experienced personnel and assist in customer service and operational activities as required.
- Work closely with Financial Advisors, Insurance Sales Officers and Mortgage partners to further develop the client relationship.
Management of Risk
- Meet established sales and promotional goals; utilize customer relationship management system to provide targeted sales opportunities and support pro-active selling to current and potential customers, including via telephone. Complete CCOs and set appropriate appointments as required. Complete all sales activity documentation to provide a record for performance tracking and assist in targeting future sales efforts.
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
- Educate, encourage and sell customers on use of alternative delivery channels, including ATMs and telephone and internet banking.
- Participate in training programs to enhance product knowledge and cross-selling skills.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive branch sales experience or equivalent, including evidence of strong sales results in insurance and investment products and ability to close a sale.
- Series 6, 63, Life and Health Insurance licenses required. On an exception basis, a 60 day contingency may be granted solely at management's discretion (this period is for self-study, with no client contact). Licenses are required to discuss and sell investment and insurance products with potential and existing customers.
- Broad knowledge of financial services products and services. Strong understanding of Business Banking to assist Business clients with account opening needs.
- Ability to use the customer relationship management system.
- Incumbents in this role must successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) and must obtain a unique identifier through the registry that will be provided to consumers with whom the incumbent interacts. In addition, incumbents in this role must successfully renew their registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) annually.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, sales, organizational and persuasion skills.
HSBC MY - 13 months ago
HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking and Glo...