Provides effective and efficient service to membership in all operations while following the Credit Union policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes most member transactions.
- Supports, promotes and cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Provides information and applicable forms concerning products and services.
- Interviews members to analyze and determine members’ needs.
- Balances at end of each business day.
- Maintains required records.
- Answers incoming phone lines and, if necessary, directs calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains product sales in accordance with branch goals.
- Converts qualified referrals to new business in accordance with supervisor goals.
- Maintains a Quality Loop satisfaction rating in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Demonstrate effective sales and services interactions using the Member Interaction Model.
- Maintains knowledge of SMCU’s Bank Secrecy Act policy, procedures, and practices to meet compliance requirements.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift bags of coins, supplies such as boxes of copy paper, transaction receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to work Saturday hours.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such as Reg. B, Reg. E, Reg. D, Reg. CC, Reg Z, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Accurate 10-key skills.
- Accurate keyboarding/typing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong people and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to operate various office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain very satisfactory attendance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum six months cashiering experience or retail/customer service.